Ottawa, ON – FedDev Ontario is now accepting a second intake of applications under the Canada 150 program, with up to $44.4 Million allocated for southern Ontario.
“Many organizations in Chatham-Kent—Leamington applied during the first intake last year” said Member of Parliament Dave Van Kesteren. “This is a second opportunity for organizations that were unsuccessful the first time, or were not prepared to apply, to put in a request for federal funding.”
The fund aims to provide communities with resources to renovate, expand or improve existing community and cultural infrastructure.
The deadline for application is 5:00 PM Eastern on June 24, 2016. Projects requesting more than $50,000 are due by June 15, 2016. For more details, please visit FedDev Ontario’s website. Those with questions are encouraged to contact one of MP Van Kesteren’s offices in Chatham or Leamington.
Who can apply?
Eligible recipients under the program include:
- a municipal or regional government established by or under provincial statute;
- a band council or an Aboriginal government authority established by a Self-Government Agreement or a Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement;
- an incorporated not-for-profit organization (supported by completed incorporation documentation);
- a provincial entity that provides municipal-type infrastructure services to communities, as defined by provincial statute; and
- a public-sector body that is established by or under provincial statute or by regulation or is wholly owned by a province, municipal or regional government which provides municipal-type infrastructure services to communities.
What projects are eligible?
Eligible projects must:
- fall under an eligible category and be proposed by an eligible recipient;
- be for the renovation, expansion or improvement of existing community infrastructure assets;
- be open for use to the public and not limited to a private membership;
- leverage a minimum of 50 percent of funding from other sources. Priority may be given to projects that leverage 66.6 percent or more; and
- be substantially completed by March 31, 2018.